Help! lost Iso files

eedcam 12:17 28 Dec 2009

This morning fpr some reason all my Iso files have vanished from My F/G drives .On doing a search they have a strange Icon looks llike small orange square with what looks like a key shape inside .Some of these files sare ther but some are just shortcuts . Anyone help as to how this happened and how to get stuff back .

eedcam 13:04 28 Dec 2009

Hi already tried that itells me its in F where it should be but it aint .The Icon as far as I can tell is 'Activate .Exe' which I have now got back to imgburn .None of the shrtcut ones are in the recycle bin nor show on and Undelete search >Infuriating as aoart from losing movies I have nort seen I spent all yesterday editning out the adverts fornm a Tv show which was 6 hours long ii i/2 hors which wer adverts Went to burn them this morning and this happended Grrrrrr!

tullie 13:09 28 Dec 2009

Just a thought.I wonder if the `editing out` is the clue where theyve gone?

eedcam 13:23 28 Dec 2009

No no fear of that even the master has gon

User-312386 13:48 28 Dec 2009

Its ok i assume you have nero, the icon sounds like nero

eedcam 14:23 28 Dec 2009

No it was'nt Nero Never touch that the icon was as far as I can tell something called Activate .Exe whatever that is something to do with Give away of the day I think .Though why that should remove files I know not

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?