Help - I've deleted the D drive partition

bigal1808 08:07 01 Jun 2008

I was reconfiguring, so I very carefully put all my important files onto the D drive.
Then, when Windows is loading, I accidentally deleted the D drive partition.
So, I need to recover my data.
I,ve tried easytrack recovery pro, and I,ve found some items, but it's hard to 'read'.It doesn't give you the original file names, AND it finds loads of stuff which was 'deleted' ages ago.
I'm trying r-studio as we speak - so I'll see what that comes up with.
But, is there an easy way to just put the partition back? or can anyone reccomend a better way for me to find my files?
thanks
Allan

Technotiger 08:13 01 Jun 2008

Have you tried System Restore back to before you changed things?

crosstrainer 08:15 01 Jun 2008

click here

The above link should do the job, but I'm afraid partition recovery is not free. If the data you have lost is critical than you will have to pay to recover it....Also, there is no absolute guarantee that all your files will be restored.

Professional recovery cost's£££££ We charge up to £500.00 for this service. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, and in future, it might be worth in investing in Acronis TI 11 and an external USB HDD.

Acronis makes a complete copy of any drive, keeping your data safe in the event of deletion or system failurer.

bigal1808 08:17 01 Jun 2008

No,I didn't - I installed a new copy of xp on the c drive, so I wouldn't have any restore points, would I?

crosstrainer 08:21 01 Jun 2008

No, and the partiton will not be restored anyway, as far as Windows is concerned, it no longer exists.

Technotiger 08:21 01 Jun 2008

You are right - no restore points!

Looks like crosstrainer's link may be the only way to go - depends on how important your 'lost' data is I guess.

bigal1808 08:24 01 Jun 2008

would 'partition table doctor' do it?

bigal1808 08:31 01 Jun 2008

what or where is ptedit - is it an application ?

Technotiger 08:33 01 Jun 2008

PT Doctor might partially work, but I have no experience of using it so can't really comment. I suppose in your position all you can do is try whatever comes to hand.

Technotiger 08:35 01 Jun 2008
  bigal1808 09:04 01 Jun 2008

how do I use ptedit?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?