HELP ON INSTALLING SATA DRIVE

geishagirl 18:01 03 Jun 2006

I have a sata drive that is not being recognised since my pc C drive stopped working. We found an old IDe hard drive (but it is only very small)to put the O/S on, until the new hard rive comes (another SATA drive). I understand you have to put the driver in whilst loading XP, but I failed in transferring the correct files over- as I put in the floppy (dont know how people will manage without a floppy). I put on the floppy all files that had the SATA Id in name. XP message said couldn't find the OEM text file- so I never got to install it. So when my new drive comes I will have two drives that I need to store the programs and data on, that the PC does not see. The drivers are on a Nvidia nforce4 series CD. Can anyone tell me which files I need to transfer over. When I try and transfer the lot , half way through i get error messages of cant find the segment it is looking for. I have also tried using the command prompt- runnning copy once in the bootdrv directory, but this loads a few and then comes back with the same message for about 4 of the files, so I exited, without completing in fairness, expecting it not too work. Any ideas please? I also found on another forum, a help message that suggested I could reinstall windows and use the repair option to save having a complete install - which is the method I tried when getting the need the OEM error message. So unitl i can get the drives recognised, I can't do anything, as hard drive not big enough to put any programs on at all, except O/S.

thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:14 03 Jun 2006

You need the raid drivers for your motherboard.

Will be on motherboard CD. transfer to floppy and press F6 during windows set when requested.

If no CD post make and model of motherboard to locate drivers on net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?