Help with installation disc.

wesparmalee 20:27 13 Apr 2007

I've just aquired a wireless USB adaptor that comes with an installation disc.The manual states that as soon as the disc is inserted into the ROM drive, go to Start/Run and type the following-F:\XXX\Setup.exe.It says only type the F if that's the letter of your ROM drive in question.My ROM drive is E, but whenever i try this, an error message appears telling me that this location is unavailable.After trying it with my other dvd drive, the very same message appears again.How can i get this disc to run without going through all the various folders on the disc itself.I'm lost with this one, any ideas?Thanks.

Technotiger 20:31 13 Apr 2007

Hi, if you are running XP a usb item should be recognised automatically without a disc.

Technotiger 20:35 13 Apr 2007

or check that your drives are Autoplay configered and simply insert the disc, it should then run without any further input from you.

woodchip 20:42 13 Apr 2007

double click my computer, then double lick on the drive that the disc is in, look for setup file and double click on it

wesparmalee 20:46 13 Apr 2007

I've just tried plugging the adaptor straight into the usb, without the install disc, and it's downloaded the software from the web.Thanks for solving this one.

Technotiger 20:54 13 Apr 2007

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone