Help i need a laptop

darbyj01 21:31 15 Jun 2009

I havre a PC at home but can not get on because of the family. i want a realy light laptop mainly for serfing the web, dowloading and taking away at weekends and on holidays for the family to use watching DVD's and wi fi Please help i have not got a clue what to buy. The cheeper the better but i am not to bothered as long as it is good. It will probably get used as a portable ents system more then anything else, movies, music, youtube, email and own camcorder watching and basic editing.

chub_tor 21:45 15 Jun 2009

That's quite a list of conflicting requirements that you have. If you want to watch DVDs and camcorder recordings at anything like decent resolutions you will need a 17" screen and that is not really compatible with being really light or really cheap. I would suggest that you go to the Toshiba site click here and click on Help me Choose my Laptop and that will give you a guide as to what is right for you. Once you have decided on your spec. then you can start to look at different manufacturers with that spec and work out the best deal for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?