Help! I have lost my work!

Zebra is lost 22:54 06 Nov 2007

Hi, I am teacher and have lost a huge amount of work. I completed the work on my computer yesterday and am unable to find the work today. My computer is using Vista and I use Microsoft Word 2003. I definately saved it but not sure what it was called. I know it contained key words 'Plato' and 'Nasi Goreng' but am unable to find it. PLEASE HELP!

I have tried looking in Search Everywhere using 'Plato' and 'Nasi Goreng' as the tag. Is this correct?

Can I find the backup/temporary files the computer automatically does at around 3.30pm yesterday????

brundle 23:08 06 Nov 2007

Doesn't it appear in Word's `recently opened` list ?

Ashrich 23:09 06 Nov 2007

If you're not sure what you save it in , or the name you gave it , do a search for all files ending in .doc , it'll be there somewhere .

Ashley

Forum Editor 23:12 06 Nov 2007

in which case (unless you decided otherwise) it will be in your 'Documents' folder.

Is your computer used by more than one person? If it is, do you think there's a chance that you were logged in as another user when you did this work and saved it? If that was the case you wouldn't find the file when you logged in as yourself - you would have to login as the other person, and find your file in their 'Documents' folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?