help huawei e220 please

greyballs 17:26 23 Jan 2008

this is a two part question firstly i use the huawei modem for my internett connection on my laptop (acer 2410 travelmate).is there any way i can speed up my connection from 53.6 kbps.secondly can anyone tell me what a vpclog is this keeps appearing in my docs increasing in size.after i delete it it immediatly appears and starts again ??.

Sea Urchin 18:39 23 Jan 2008

The second part of your question - vpclog is a Vodaphone log, which as you say will grow larger all the time. To get rid of it involves changing the registry, and as you are posting on the Beginners forum this might be too scary for you. If you mess up the registry then your troubles will just be starting!

These instructions should sort out the problem, but if you don't feel confident perhaps you know somebody who could help you out. Assuming you are using XP firstly back up the registry, and then

Click on Start and then click on Run...(usually bottom right)
enter : 'regedit' and click OK
the registry editor window will open, it looks like a file explorer window (but do not go mucking about in here unless you really know what you are doing)
expand the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER
expand the folder Software
expand the folder Vodafone
click on folder VCMLite
in the right hand window double click on 'use_logging' (about 2/3 of the way down the list)
the Edit DWord Value window will open
Change the Value Data: setting from '1' to '0' and click OK
close the Registry Editor by clicking the top right red cross
go back into My documents folder and delete the Vpclog.txt file

You are done, logging turned off and file deleted.

ambra4 19:18 23 Jan 2008

Check here for your first part of your question

Huawei E220 HSDPA USB Modem Support Forum

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017