Help How can I do this please??

julius44 08:06 27 Aug 2010

Hello and good morning to u all. I have a little task her, but as simple as it sounds, i've never had to do this before.

I have some powerpoint presentations, important word documents, with some videos that I need to email to some people asap!! I was told to put them in zip files and then upload them for the people to look at and download. but i dont know where to start.
I seem to have a software called Winzip archiver on my desktop will this do the trick?? and if so, HOW do i insert the files, and then pls which good sites can i use to upload pls.....just staightforward sites with no registration would be appreciated pls. many thanks

rawprawn 08:16 27 Aug 2010

See if this helps click here

mgmcc 09:20 27 Aug 2010

All versions of Windows from ME onwards (but excluding Windows 2000) have built-in support for ZIP files.

Highlight the files to be included in the ZIP archive, right click and select "Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder" and that will create the Zip file.

If the zip file is too large to send by email, have a look at click here which can send files of up to 100MB free.

MAJ 09:32 27 Aug 2010

Bear in mind that, depending on their file format, the videos will probably already be compressed quite a bit. As for a site to upload to and download from, that's not necessary if you're emailing the zipped folder.

skeletal 10:37 27 Aug 2010

It would be useful to know the limits on email size that “your people” may have imposed by their ISP.

My main contacts have a limit of around 10MB, but mine is about 30MB.

To get below the limit you may have to send several emails/zip files rather than put them all together. It could also be worth working with the people to let them empty their mail boxes between sends (if necessary).

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?