Help with hexidecimal router password

DJ-Garry 21:52 18 Aug 2008

I have a Linksys router and am trying to get into the router’s Web-based Utility via ip address. When I enter it, I get the user name and password
request but it doesn't work. If the user name and passw ord have been changed (and i don't remeber doing it), how can I get into it please???

Instructions are as follows:

1. To access the other router’s Web-based Utility, launch Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator, and enter the
other router’s default IP address, 192.168.1.1, or whatever IP Address you have set it to, in the Address field.
Then, press Enter.
2. A password request page will appear. Leave the User Name field blank. In the Password field, enter the
password you have set (the default password is admin). Then click the OK button.

Cheers, Garry

Eric10 21:58 18 Aug 2008

If your router won't accept the user name and password then you will need to reset it to factory defaults by holding in the reset button for 30 seconds or more. click here

dan. 21:59 18 Aug 2008

hexidecimal router password

is just the security to connect computers to the router via wireless. It is not a password to enter the routers settings.

If you have forgotten or someone has changed the logon name and password, you will have to reset the router and reprogram it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?