Help Help

Bike-it 20:26 04 Jan 2011

I was working from home over xmas but a document i was working on for three days was saved but now i cannot find it how can i recover the document please, i tried win undelete but it is looking for you to buy the full programme but surely there must be something on line for free.
Help please

Forum Editor 20:38 04 Jan 2011

to create the document?

You say it was saved, so surely you would be able to remember where you saved it to, or at least remember the name you gave it?

If you're using Windows 7 go to 'Start' and type the name that you gave the document; Windows will find it for you.

VoG II 20:41 04 Jan 2011

Or just click File and locate it under the recently files list.

Bike-it 20:42 04 Jan 2011

I was using word,
i know the name of it but it only finds the first two pages of the document, but there is way over twenty pages in the whole document

Bike-it 20:46 04 Jan 2011

Vog i tried that at first but again it only finds the first two pages of the document, my boss must be thinking i was not working at all over xmas, and to make matters worse i am only working for him for three weeks.

lotvic 21:47 04 Jan 2011

10 ways to find a lost word document click here
Number 4 might help you
Search for AutoRecover files, yourself.
In Word, go to Tools, then Options.
Under the File Locations tab, double-click AutoRecover files and make a note of that path location.
Click Cancel and Close.
Open up that folder in My Computer or Windows Explorer and search for any .asd files. (Or another way to do this would be to run a search similar to step one but with *.asd instead of *.doc)

eedcam 22:22 04 Jan 2011

In the event you have deleted this is free
click here

woodchip 22:25 04 Jan 2011

It may have changed the file type, if you just pressed save without making sure of how it saved it. I would say its done that so it did not change the Original file

Bike-it 22:25 04 Jan 2011

I cannot find tools in word 2007,

woodchip 22:31 04 Jan 2011

When you say you can find two pages, was that the first part you was working on then saved. then started again working on the file again? If so Its as I said it most likely saved to a different file type

Bike-it 22:33 04 Jan 2011

The pages i can find were the two pages i was working on the first day i started the work, when you say a different file type what do you mean?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?