Help - Halo

Foz1961 15:51 13 Nov 2003

I have just purchased the game halo, the problem i am having is that after about 5-10 mins of play the game crashes and gives me an error box stating exception and then offers me the chance to send an error report to microsoft. i have tried reloading the game, reloaded directx 9, reloading the newest drivers for my graphics card and even been to microsoft support pages and tried some of there suggestions all to no avail.

my set up is 1300 amd athlon cpu, 512mb ram nvidia geforce fx5600, windows xp pro. the hard drive is brand new.

i know this is not a games forum, but has anyone else experienced the same prob, and any help would be greatly appreciated

Proxy Worm 15:57 13 Nov 2003

CPU looks a little low but i should not happen? Where you get it from?

Foz1961 16:17 13 Nov 2003

cpu from local shop, had it about 12 months. not had a prob till installed halo!

Has caused a lot of people a lot of problems.

Patches have been released but not done much good.

I seem to one of a few that has no problems what so ever.

If you want a games forum, made up of PCA member's look at click here i am sure that somewhere on there we had links to sort halo out!

froggg 16:48 13 Nov 2003

there is a patch available at microsoft,and also a troubleshooter
click here.

madPentium 17:01 13 Nov 2003

get an xbox, it runs great on that :)

Foz1961 17:40 13 Nov 2003

cant find anything on exiled gamers or on bungie. what is the patch at microsoft?

Foz1961 18:40 13 Nov 2003

bump

hugh-265156 19:21 13 Nov 2003

MS patch click here

doesnt sound like it will fix your problem though.

on the right of the above link there is a rich text faq download for troubleshoothing,might be worth taking a look at.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?