HELP! Had to remove norton, where do i redownload?

Alexx_B 18:15 02 Jun 2008

I have had a problem that resulted in me removing Norton once before, and I cannot remember where I re-downloaded it, but I know I did.

I wrote down the product key, so I have that, but I am not sure where to re-download.

I have looked on Norton sites but only found something about going to order status page. I cannot remember my p/w but used the email address and last 5 digits of card and it couldn't find an order.

Please could someone help me. Thank You

pj123 18:26 02 Jun 2008

Personally I wouldn't bother. Forget Norton

Just download the many free programmes available.

AVG Antivirus

Adaware

Spywareblaster

Ccleaner

Superantispyware etc.

sean-278262 18:28 02 Jun 2008

click here

Though consider the likes of avast or AVG
click here
click here
As both of these offer free full versions that to be honest are less bloaty and system resource hungry than Norton is. Similarly it means less crashes and slow downs.

A

[email protected] 18:29 02 Jun 2008
  [email protected] 18:30 02 Jun 2008

oops too slow!

Alexx_B 18:31 02 Jun 2008

I still have some time on my subscription so I would like to re-download to get what I paid for. The free ones may be an idea after my subscription has finished.

sean-278262 18:32 02 Jun 2008

Getting old Adman :P By the way Alexx how long is left on Norton because if there isnt long as has been said it often is best to ditch the hog that is Norton.

Alexx_B 18:34 02 Jun 2008

over 100 days, i think.

Alexx_B 21:11 02 Jun 2008

Righty....Problem solved. I re-downloaded the removal tool and this time it removed and went on to re-install. :O)

pete. 21:12 02 Jun 2008

hi could you do a system restore to a date before you had problem were you should find norton still on your computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires