Help With Graphics Card Please

Sean.Ali 20:14 05 Jun 2008

Hi All,
I just been given new server for free (nice), I would like to convert the server into a gaming PC but I am having a bit of problem finding graphics card to fit the server.

The issue is the server comes with PCI-X slot (Not PCI-E and no AGP) and cannot find fast reasonable graphics card to fit the server so I could play Crysis full resolution (I wish):)

Does anyone know graphics card that could play Crysis or similar games with my hardware?

HP Proliant ML330 G3 with twin 2.6GHz Xeon processor, 4GB RAM, 160GB IDE hard drives (I will replace them higher capacity and spec later on).

Regards,

Sean Ali

mrwoowoo 20:22 05 Jun 2008

two here at the bottom of page.
click here

Sean.Ali 20:32 05 Jun 2008

Ho Mrwoowoo,
Thank you for your reply but that is PCI-E graphics card not PCI-X, which they have different interface and it will not fit.

And it’s an issue every time I google PCI-X graphics cards I get loads of results but when I check they spec they all are PCI-E which no good in my case :(

Sean

mrwoowoo 20:41 05 Jun 2008

This says pci-x
click here

mrwoowoo 20:43 05 Jun 2008

See what you mean.Title says pci-x but the description says pci-e.
)O:!
I'll keep hunting.

Sean.Ali 20:53 05 Jun 2008

Mrwoowoo you correct in your last post, mate if you find me what i need you make me a very happy man. :)

MAT ALAN 21:03 05 Jun 2008

click here|countryGB

can't recommend one but you might find what your looking for...

MAT ALAN 21:04 05 Jun 2008

click here

ooops, wrong page...

Sean.Ali 21:12 05 Jun 2008

Lol you must be really busy helping every one in here.

Sean

MAT ALAN 21:16 05 Jun 2008

MEEE!! busy, nearly broke into a crawl at work today...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?