Help with Google Earth

geewis357 21:46 12 Feb 2006

My wife has been having probs running Google Earth, it cept showing an error when loading and now it wont open at all, not even uningstalling and reinstalling does not fix the prob. 2 other comps in the same house running from the same 2003 server have no probs at all. Can somebody show some light on this.

XP Pro on all pc's
2003 server on server.

VoG II 21:51 12 Feb 2006
  spuds 22:06 12 Feb 2006

Installed Google Earth on my computer, and it worked fine for a time. Tried a number of methods of repair/rectification, including help from the forum, but gave up in the end. Seemed very strange to work, then simply refuse later!.

geewis357 22:13 12 Feb 2006

Hy spuds,
this seams same to me. click on the link from vog above. thanks to you also vog, been to your sugestion and you may have a point, I will give it a good reading when I am not so tired so I coan take it all in.

walterb 23:38 12 Feb 2006

Doesn't seem to work properly at all for me. The 'film shows' don't function and the rest seems rather useless. Unable to register the product since it requires a key which is not supplied - at least i can't find it

interzone55 14:15 13 Feb 2006

Google Earth doesn't need registering, so I don't know why your's needs a key. Have you maybe downloaded Google Earth Plus or Pro which are paid for products and do need keys.

The Plus and Pro versions are not really for home use, as the extras they offer are for business users.

By default Google Earth runs in OpenGL mode, but some users find it works better in DirectX mode. To switch over goto Start / Programs / Google Earth and select "Start Google Earth in DirectX Mode"

alexgray104 14:27 13 Feb 2006

Hi, I downloaded my first one from a P2P filesharer which didn't work at all. If you haven't already download a copy from the proper google webpage, this worked for me.

walterb 14:30 14 Feb 2006

Oops! I'd better go back into hibernation. I have had a senior moment and confused Google earth with the latest PC Advisor freeb 'deep space explorer'
I withdraw in embarrassment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?