Help with Gigabyte GA-K8VT800 Motherboard

Giggle n' Bits 16:14 22 Jan 2006

Hello,

I have refitted a new Gigabyte GA-K8VT800 Motherboard Soket 754 for AMD Athlon 64Bit 3000 CPU, Win XP.

in the BIOS the Single SATA HDD shows as IDE Channel Master 2 which I would have thought should be IDE Channel 0 Master as its the only SATA HDD fitted.

Can someone please advise if this is correct in the BIOS

I have as the dowlnloaded Pdf maunal for the SATA drives from Gigabyte says set the HDD to IDE as I only have 1 HDD fitted but not sure if the Channel Master should show as being 0 or 2 ?

ade.h 17:43 22 Jan 2006

You may simply have placed the SATA cable into the wrong channel - not that I am presuming anything, but it's easy to do as the four channels are marked with very small print on the PCB.

Giggle n' Bits 18:13 22 Jan 2006

thanks for your reply, I have The Optical DVD & DVD WRtr on IDE 2 using a 80pin ribbon and the Single SATA HDD is connected to SATA 0.

ade.h 18:43 22 Jan 2006

If it's in SATA 0 and it works in all other respects, then I would not worry about it, to be honest.

Giggle n' Bits 19:12 22 Jan 2006

It seems to boot fine and runs ok.

A strange thing I have noticed from powering on the pc with this motherboard is you press the power on it boots then quick health check/mem test and seems to reboot quick then drives check and carry's on to boot normal up into windows.

I will open a new post for this.

thanks again ade.h for your call.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone