Help with getting latest Adobe Flash player

Damo1977 17:54 04 Jul 2008

I've always had the most up to date version of the Adobe Flash Player on my laptop, but suddenly a few days ago I had problems on some internet sites as keep getting messages saying I need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to be able to view.

This also happened when trying to watch some videos on youtube. And each time it gives me these messages it asks me if I want to download the latest version of the Flash Player and I click on the link given which takes me to the relevant area at adobe.com website. I follow the instructions to get this latest version and the internet explorer install window opens and I click the install button.
After a minute os so the screen refreshes and there is a box saying "Installation Complete - Version 9,0,124,0 installed correctly".

So I assume thats the latest version installed but once I go back to these websites such as youtube etc, I am still getting the same messages saying I don'y have the flash player or the latest version.
I have tried restarting but still nothing!!

Is there something else I am supposed to do? Or is it another problem.

Any help or advice on this would be much appreciated as its driving me mad.

Thanks.

Damian

rdave13 18:02 04 Jul 2008

Try manual install from file hippo'
IE version; click here

Non IE version; click here

tonyq 18:05 04 Jul 2008

damo77
just to let you know that you are not by yourself,I have been having the same problem. Sorry I don't know the solution but look forward to finding one.

rdave13 18:12 04 Jul 2008

If you're still having problems then use the uninstaller first; click here then reboot and reinstall.

Ditch999 18:24 04 Jul 2008

If running Vista, see my previos post click here

Damo1977 11:21 08 Jul 2008

Running the uninstaller first then reinstalling done the trick.

Nice one rdave13.

But thanks to all for help.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?