Help get rid of spam email

hawthorn59 15:04 24 Sep 2013
Answered

Hi

Obviously most people get spam and Im no different, but lately Im getting 5 or 6 a day from the same source, re trading in gold, from a Chris Michael Edwards. I know I probably signed up for something (or maybe I didnt!) but theres no link in the email to unsubscribe so I cant get rid of it. I mark it as spam but it still comes to my inbox.

Any ideas? Thanks!

h

lotvic 16:01 24 Sep 2013

hawthorn59, suggest you login onto your Web email server and mark the emails as spam there. If you tell us the part of the email after the @ we can help you with the webmail settings so that most spam emails do not get downloaded to your pc.

Woolwell 16:04 24 Sep 2013

Hopefully it will die down in a few days.

spuds 16:20 24 Sep 2013
Answer

This will be my third attempt to post to this thread, For some reason I appear to keep being logged out from the site, then losing what I was trying to post?.

lotvic as already gave one suggestion that I was trying to post. Check with your ISP to see if they have a spam filter in their system.

Another alternative is you use your own spam filter, like Mailwasher or K9. You should find some download spam filters from Major Geeks or any other reputable download website. Here is a link to Major geeks click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?