Help to get Outlook Express to work

R.C.M. 15:33 29 Oct 2006

Hi everyone - I have had trouble with my home page re-setting itself from Orange to another page [msm?]

However after much problems trying to fix this I decided to do an total install, everything was fine until I tried to set up my email account and I now receive the following message -

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Joe', Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone help me sort this out?

VoG II 17:10 29 Oct 2006

click here may help.

R.C.M. 18:35 29 Oct 2006

Thanks again for your help - by the way I have found out why my home page keeps changing on its own - Google tool bar is the problem.

terryf 22:35 29 Oct 2006

For the future, you can export the account details from OE to somewhere safe and then if you have problems, just import these account settings.

R.C.M. 09:53 30 Oct 2006

Sorry for not answering your post last night but being the boring old fart that I am, I need all the sleep I can get. I thought I had that angle well covered - I have a program called backup Email which saves all my email settings to an external hard drive but when I tried to restore, the program failed telling me the information was corrupt.

To be on the safe side I will use OE's own export and import setting.

Thanks for you assistance - all the best to you and your clan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache