Help with a gaming pc for budget £800-£900

Moosa 17:23 26 Oct 2010

Hi all, I'm looking to buy a new pc for gaming but my bdget is only going to be around £800-£900. The pc I have is a little out dated and I am needing something that can handle new games and will do so for a few years. I have looked at Dell and HP but the ones I am intersted in seem to be over £1000 which I cannot afford. I was looking at getting an Nvidia g.force gtx460 and an intel i7. If anyone can help I'd be greatful :)

GaT7 18:00 26 Oct 2010

PCA member dnb1987 recently purchased a gaming PC for just under £900 - see click here. You can ask him for more details in that thread.

Btw, does your budget include or exclude a monitor? G

Moosa 18:12 26 Oct 2010

Sorry crossbow I should said, no will not be needing a monitor, just the pc. Thanks for the link. Shall pop along there and will post there also.

Moosa 18:13 26 Oct 2010

Just noticed dnb said he went to scan. I'll go and have a quick look and see what they have to offer.

GaT7 18:43 26 Oct 2010

As you don't need a monitor you can get a better graphics card perhaps. dnb1987 needed a monitor too, so he probably got less for his money.

Also, if you're thinking of building it yourself, you can get cheaper components via their Today/Only section click here (the list changes everyday around mid-day). For the cheaper price, you must click on the BUY link(s) in the Today/Only page only. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?