HELP!!! fonts and icons settings changed

The Teacher 19:59 25 Jun 2010

my fonts and icons etc, have been enlarged. When I try to reset them to 96dpi I get a message saying that fonts need to be installed and it wants the XP disc, which I don't have. It looks for a file called app850.fon.

I have done a search on microsoft site and cannot find a download for this, although I can find info.

Does anyone know where I can get this from as I need my icons etc, back to normal.

I am running XP Pro.

Thanks

The Teacher

johnnyrocker 20:02 25 Jun 2010

how about system restore to before the incident?

johnny

The Teacher 20:04 25 Jun 2010

Thanks, but no good. No restore point.

johnnyrocker 20:06 25 Jun 2010

what about safe mode and select last known good configuration?

johnny

The Teacher 20:08 25 Jun 2010

Not tried that but if the PC has been switched off will that not then go to the profile prior to the switch off, i.e. with large fonts and icons?

johnnyrocker 20:12 25 Jun 2010

in theory it should return to the last condition when it worked properly.

johnny

Sea Urchin 20:47 25 Jun 2010

Any help?

click here

The Teacher 01:40 26 Jun 2010

Downloaded it, saved it and tried to follow the prompts given when I try to alter the fonts back to 96dpi (100% as opposed the 125% they are currently on)

However I get a message saying the WinXP CD-ROM is needed for the file, and to go to where the file is located, with the following already in the file box: D:\i386.

I have no idea what the file is, unless it is the proper name for the app850 that I have downloaded and saved in there, D is my expansion drive, but OKing that or going direct to the app850 file in D and clicking open, does not alter the settings, says I still the WinXP cd.

Any help on trying to get this file to run?

Thanks

The Teacher

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache