Help firewall problem

sahiluea 19:16 22 Jun 2006

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from USB modem broadband with wanadoo to the wireless live box they (orange) offer.

I was trying to install the livebox to my PC vire ethernet cable.

On installation it is telling me to turn off all firewalls. I have turned off the windows firewall fine however when connecting the livebox, it says the firewall is still turned on. I have Norton Systemworks and I feel this may be a problem but I don't know how. I need to disable it or something or anyother suggests.

p.s. I disabled the windows firewall on my laptop (no norton) and installed the livebox fine.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

SANTOS7 19:35 22 Jun 2006

Uninstall norton, configure your PC, reinstall norton..

sahiluea 20:01 22 Jun 2006

Is there a way to do it without uninstalling???

RIARRABRAVO 20:42 22 Jun 2006

HI I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS FIREWALL AND NORTON FIREWALL THEY CLASHED WITH EACH OTHER ON MY WINDOWS XP SO I HAD TO DISABLE THE NORTON FIREWALL AND ONLY HAVE WINDOWS FIREWALL WORKING ..I HAD THE SAME WARNINGS WHEN USING MCAFFE FIREWALL ...HOPE THIS HELPS...DAVE

skidzy 23:13 22 Jun 2006

If you follow Santos's advice by uninstalling Norton then reinstall..and if all is working ok,norton may well configure the livebox automatically.
You may get a few pop ups from the norton software asking for permission to allow the livebox...Just agree.

Hope this helps.

johnnyrocker 23:30 22 Jun 2006

" ONLY HAVE WINDOWS FIREWALL WORKING " not a good move if you check other postings, and a refrain from capitals (shouting) is generally appreciated.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)