Help to find harddrive after install of 2nd

impact 17:09 25 Nov 2007

My original harddrive was making a racket on startup until it got up to speed, and then it would be fine,it only happened the first time each morning,i decided to install a second drive, make that the master and the original the slave,old drive is,80gb new one is 160gb,i used acronis to clone drive after installing new one,it went very well,i entered setup and put new drive to boot first,when i went to my computer on the desktop,the old one isnt there only the new one showing as the c drive with correct storage,i can see my old drive in device manager and in acronis,i changed the jumpers on the drives as per maxtors instructions,checked all my cables but i cant seem to find it anywhere, i would be very grateful for any help with this,thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:25 25 Nov 2007

Right click My computer - Manage - Storage - Disk management.

Can you see the drive there?

You may need to allocate a drive letter.

impact 18:45 25 Nov 2007

Sorry for the delay,in disk management at the top is my new drive,next is my old one,it says disk one, and in the box it says healthy,next is two entries exactly the same saying DVD rom,i have two, one is a rewriter,

impact 18:49 25 Nov 2007

just went back to look again, and saw that i could allocate a letter for it, i did, went back to my computer and there it is,thankyou veryFruit Bat /\0/\,brilliant.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:56 25 Nov 2007

Glad your sorted please put a tick in the box and click resolved.

:0)

impact 19:01 25 Nov 2007

sorry, should have read,thankyou very much Fruit Bat /\0/\.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017