Help with EXCEL formula

iscanut 16:34 13 Jan 2006

Am struggling with an XL sheet and cannot decipher the manual at all to help me. I have a range of cells, split in rows, some of which are blank and contain no data. I wish to either seperate them from the data containing cells, or just delete them. Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

VoG II 16:38 13 Jan 2006

To delete a blank row, click in it, Edit > Delete, tick Entire Row.

To select several rows, click in the first one then hold the CTRL key down and click in the others.

iscanut 19:36 13 Jan 2006

Thanks for reply, but I have over 3000 rows, some occupied with data , some blank, and all randobm. It would take ages clicking on each blank row, hence my problem and need to speed up the process with XL seeking out the blank rows and deleting them or at least placing them all together so that I can delete the block.

frior-one 19:45 13 Jan 2006

can you not sort them so the blanks fall to the bottom?

VoG II 20:07 13 Jan 2006

Install ASAPUtilities click here

Select all your data. On the ASAPUtilities Menu, Columns/Rows > Remove all empty rows.

iscanut 20:11 13 Jan 2006

Where do you find them. Looks intersting so will download and try out. Could be very useful set of utils for us non experts with XL.
Thanks.

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:25 13 Jan 2006

You're a star!

Brilliant utility

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?