help with dvd please

polish 21:43 22 Dec 2010

i have downloaded and paid for simply red in concert
from click here but when i put onto disk it will play on pc but will not play on dvd player i have tried a couple of different programs but all have same problem dvd says disc error dont know much about burning discs so any help would be appreciated its says it is a mp4 on the download

MarvintheAndroid 21:51 22 Dec 2010

Not much to go on here but my guess is you are burning a data disc - ie you have burned an mp4 file to the DVD. Try setting it to burn as video CD or DVD format. Nero for example has options for this.

Other options :
1) Some writable DVDs need to be finalised before they can be played on a standalone player.
2) Not all DVD players support writable DVDs (unlikely)

eedcam 22:05 22 Dec 2010

Probably as said to check explore the disc it should have a video ts folder if not
Suggest you use dvd flick its free and will convert and author to a proper dvd
click here

polish 22:16 22 Dec 2010

thanks for replies will try tomorrow early start thursday

polish 15:18 23 Dec 2010

if tried dvd flick but it hangs at 98% i will have alook around for a mp4 to dvd converter any suggestions welcome

eedcam 15:46 23 Dec 2010

Dvd flick should not just hang methinks you have another problem any road this will convert your mp 4 to dvd vobs but you will still need to author and burn click here when you open thesite choose download from mirror and with Super you drag and drop the file .
Back to flick hangs at 98% what burning or converting and authoring

polish 17:20 23 Dec 2010

dvd flick hangs at 98% when trying to add title

eedcam 18:17 23 Dec 2010

Why add a title ?

polish 18:18 23 Dec 2010

iam following instruction on cdxp website

eedcam 18:21 23 Dec 2010

sorry meant adding title is adding the file which process is it going through when it hangs or are you saying it hangs whilst you are waiting for the title (file) to load

polish 18:25 23 Dec 2010

it starts quickly but hangs even when left for a couple of hours

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?