Help - delivery failiure - recourse?

xenomatt 17:25 08 Mar 2006

I ordered two laptops from Dell a week ago, I checked the online delivery tracker today however and they claimed to have been delivered days ago to 'Blessed' - what is most likely an appropriate fictional name (unless of course it was the actor...).

My name was on the delivery address and, if it had got to my office, I coudn't have missed it arriving. Dell are looking into this now, does anyone have any advice on how I could speed up getting my laptops, or if I can claim compensation for this - I needed the machines for work and am now spending half my time trying to fix this!

Help appreciated - new to these forums so apologies if this is misplaced.

spuds 19:21 08 Mar 2006

If they are lost in transit, then Dell should give you the necessary advice. Tracing procedures will take time, and Dell or the couriers will not supply new machines, until they have made certain inquiries.I have dealt with Dell in the past, and I found their selected courier company very good. The couriers contacted me about delivery arrangements and everything ran very smoothly, couldn't have asked for anything better.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?