Help with cordless mouse please

Never again 11:32 29 Oct 2004

I have a Trust 302ks silverline wireless deskset which is a cordless mouse and keyboard (which I am using now).

The kids were complaining that the mouse would not work when they wanted to select an object "up" the screen and I thought that the mouse just probably needed a clean, which I carried out just now.

Unfortunately, this didn't solve the problem. The mouse works sideways and downwards but refuses to go up.

I'm now having to use the old corded mouse that I kept in case of emergencies, and I wondered if anyone has any experience of this problem and any suggestions to resolve it.

It wasn't an expensive bit of kit as it cost under £20 from my local supermarket, but I expected it to last for more than a month.

I am running win ME with 512 ram and a 800p3 proccesor, but I don't think thats relevant in this case.

Thanks

martjc 12:00 29 Oct 2004

It sounds like a corrupted driver. Go to Trust's site and see if there is a new driver for the mouse. Even if not, their support should help.

Never again 12:36 29 Oct 2004

Good suggestion, but my 13 year old son suggested changing the batteries first, and this seems to have worked.

Fingers crossed!!

Don't you hate "smart kids" (especially your own)- he will be intolerable to live with for a few days now.

Wak 15:22 29 Oct 2004

I suggest you buy some re-chargeable batteries for the cordless mouse before the 13 year old clever-dick suggests it.
It's handy to have a spare pair for a quick changeover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone