Help with coolwwwsearch plz

Fanianni 13:05 11 Nov 2004

Hi all... I have just carried out a scan with spybotS&D, it found two entries for CoolwwwSearch.Googlems but was unable to get rid of it, even after it does the scan on the restart before eveything loads.
Now the thing is, when I do a scan with CWShredder it say's it's not present, I cant even find it with HJT.
I have also tried all the scans in safe mode with the same results.
I also use SpywareBlaster, which is up to date, thinking of which everything is up to date.
So where do I go from here? is Spybot giving me a fauls positive?
any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Fani

Fanianni 13:11 11 Nov 2004

Using XPpro by the way

Jackcoms 13:17 11 Nov 2004

Download and run click here

Fanianni 13:19 11 Nov 2004

Using XPpro by the way

Meshuga 16:35 11 Nov 2004

I have had a similar problem lately and scans with a number of different scan progs including shredder all tell me that I have not got any derivative of CoolWWWSearch. On the advice of others on these forums I have treated this as a false positive and put it in the "Ignore" section of Spybot.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 11 Nov 2004

Do you have this program on your computers? C:\Program Files\Bouncer\liveupdate.exe if so you still have a problem.

Meshuga 18:16 11 Nov 2004

Have searched for your suggestion but all I get is a message that it is unavailable and may have been moved. I have never seen it or moved it so I must assume I`ve not got it. If your opinion differs how would I locate it please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:32 11 Nov 2004

If you cant find it then there is nothing to worry about. bouncer is a program that uses liveupdate to keep downloading the trojan to your pc.

Meshuga 18:35 11 Nov 2004

Thanks Fruit Bat. Regards, meshuga.

fourjays 18:40 11 Nov 2004

Ive had Coolwwwsearch appear in S&B for me too before, but it always destroys it.

VoG II 18:43 11 Nov 2004

This is a bug in Spybot click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?