Help with content filter setup - I.E.

wotbus@ 09:45 20 Aug 2009

Just finishing off the computer for my young niece and I want to set up the content filters in IE, but having a bit of difficulty.
Under the contect tab all the sliders are on None and the content filter is now password protected - but - each time I try to surf it asks for the password for EVERY page, even Ford Cars! (that was just an example).
Some fatherly advice please ;-)

wotbus@ 09:46 20 Aug 2009

PS Is the password a once only or can it be changed or even removed. Unknown territory for me.

wotbus@ 09:58 20 Aug 2009

PPS Make that "content" tab and not "contect".

brundle 11:11 20 Aug 2009

The Content Manager is inflexible and more trouble than it's worth for anything more than a handful of sites, you're better off installing something like K9; click here - browser independent, a choice of severity in restrictions.

The password for Content Manager should only appear if a restricted site is visited. Not hard to find this either (removal tool) click here

wotbus@ 13:10 20 Aug 2009

Hi brundle. Thanks for the advice. I have been playing around with the IE content restrictions then trying them just to see if it works, and I agree with you, it's a pain. I know for a fact the parents just wouldn't have the time to keep supervising "on demand" every few minutes!
Thanks for the link also. I will install it and see how we go.
Cheers ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?