help connecting printer to asus eee

printerrage 08:44 17 Apr 2008

Hi

I have ab asus eee 4 pc. i have an epsom stylus DX4450 printer. I have tried to hook it up and install it today but it i not on the printer list. typically there are loads os other epsom dx printers to choose from on the list. doe anyone know if it possible to set this up on my machine??

any ideas would be much appreciated.thanks in avance.

wee eddie 09:05 17 Apr 2008

For the Printer.

Load it before you plug the Printer in.

printerrage 12:27 17 Apr 2008

thanks. i do have a disc but dont have windows on my eee so cant run disc :-((

Terry Brown 14:02 17 Apr 2008

I presume you are running Linux
This site should help.
click here
Terry

LastChip 17:10 17 Apr 2008

The recommended driver is Gutenprint and you may find for example, the DX3800, DX3850 and so on listed. Try one of these.

I'm not sure about the Eee, as it's a heavily modified form of Xandros, but if you can type in your browser;

localhost:631

and hit enter, it may bring up the CUPS installation program, which is really easy to use. You can also use it to try different drivers to see if they work.

click here for an article I wrote a while back for the Epson R200, which although a different printer to yours, the principal remains the same.

LastChip 15:45 18 Apr 2008

CUPS is available on the Eee by default, so take a look at my link and it will guide you through. Just substitute your printer for the R200.

click here for another tutorial posted by katkins on another thread which is more comprehensive and use whichever you find easier to follow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?