HELP!! connected but cant load any web pages

willymagic 08:14 01 Jun 2006

Hi there,

i have a netgear dg834g adsl router and its been fantastic for 6 months, however yesterday while i was surfing and everything was great i had a power cut, when the power came back on 30 mins later i logged on as usual and it says im connected at 100 mbps which it always does however when i try to surf the web it wont load any web pages, when i look at the properties in the activity bit the packets sent and recieved goes up in tens, when they normaly go up in thousands! this is obviously the reason but i dont know why its done this!

this is doing my head in! i can only come on here on dial up!! any help would be MUCH appreciated!

many thanks in advance

dms05 09:52 01 Jun 2006

Try going to All Connections, highlight your LAN connection, right click and from the drop down menu select 'Repair'.

mgmcc 11:01 01 Jun 2006

You might also have to "hard reset" the Modem/Router back to factory default settings and configure it again from scratch.

willymagic 11:10 01 Jun 2006

thanks DMs05, have tried that already but no joy, also MGMCC i have pressed the reset button to factory settings and had no luck with that either! bloody dial up, took me 10 times to connect!!

willymagic 11:53 01 Jun 2006

** not sure if this is any help to anyone but on the netgear settings under router settings when i click on connection status it says the following **

connecting to server failed
Negotiation - LCP down
Authentication - CHAP authentication failed

dms05 15:22 01 Jun 2006

If you've reset the Router have you entered all the data again (you should be back a factory default ie as it was when it was purchased).

willymagic 15:48 01 Jun 2006

hi dms05, if you mean have i entered all the data again as in my isp username and password then yes i have and still nothing happeneing.. so bloody annoying as it says im connected as usual but still wont load any web pages!!

rsinbad 15:52 01 Jun 2006

click here see if this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?