help with conection problem

compo84 09:19 07 Dec 2006

i kept getting a pop up saying youre computer is infected, so i did a scan with avg, it found a few things which i deleted, after rebooting my computer internet explorer wouldnt work, i did a windows conectivity check which said ftp wasnt working, i tried doing a systems restore to various different dates it kept saying unable to restore, for some reason my msn on the taskbar says im sighned in yet i cant get online from my computer, leading me to think maybe a hacker is useing my computer, can anybody advise me as to what the problem may be

birdface 09:32 07 Dec 2006

Looks like you have problems,Cant remember what it is called, Think its hard to shift,But will try and get you some details.

birdface 09:52 07 Dec 2006

Sorry Compo, I have been shouted down for breakfast,Had quick look round, never found the thing i was looking for, But I am sure someone else will help, Good luck.

birdface 10:32 07 Dec 2006

Have a look,Probably not your problem, But might help. click here

birdface 10:53 07 Dec 2006

Sorry cant find what i was looking for,Is it a pop up that Warns you that you are infected, and wants you to download A New spyware program, Or is it just a popup from your own Anti-Virus program.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:05 07 Dec 2006
  compo84 14:56 07 Dec 2006

cheers for the help buteman, i dont know what the problem was but the internet is working again and seems to be running faster than before

compo84 20:41 09 Dec 2006

the problem was smitfraud, taken a couple of days and a lot of help but seems to be gone

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?