Help with changing MX records

komondor 16:19 04 Jun 2017

I host 3 different domains with a company called Gradwell Communications, whilst my broadband ISP service is with Zen Internet. Gradwell have been losing / bouncing e-mails to me for three weeks so after umpteen attempts by them to resolve this I asked Zen to set up a Hosting package. They did this and I have succeeded, God knows how given my total lack of IT knowledge, in setting up FTP to each of the three domains. I also set up for mail to all 3 domains to go to my Zen e-mail address. However Zen say I need to either change "MX" records myself or ask Gradwell to do this, to point to Zen's server. Gradwell are now not responding to my e-mails, so I looked at doing it myself, expecting a single MX record, whatever that may be, but in the Gradwell Control Panel I see there are quite a lot. Can anyone tell me what I need to change, delete or make inoperative so no mail goes through Gradwell's server, but goes straight to Zen's please? This is what Zen say in the blurb when I set up the hosting package. As I paid for a years hosting with Gradwell the domains remain there for now (I think...).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For help with using the domain tools please follow our tutorial - click here Pointing a domain held with another host?

a) Instruct your ISP to point your domain's web and email records to 82.71.204.31.

b) If adding aliases follow our tutorial - click here note that for domains held with other hosting companies, e-mail will not be virus scanned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Attached is a screen shot of the complicated looking Gradwell stuff in my Control panel there. If you think i should leave it alone and wait for Gradwell to communicate and get them to do it please say so! Thanks! A link to a screeshot of the existing M records is at click here

3) Please

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires