Help with Canon MP760

john bunyan 14:06 13 Sep 2009

I have the above - very good up to now - out of warranty. wont print and message appears on built in screen : "The waste ink absorber is almost full" See users guide>. I cant see anything in the manual. Google shows some stuff with other models. Anyone know of a quick fix - I really cannot face sending it off somewhere.

Terry Brown 14:46 13 Sep 2009

This may help.
click here

Terry

john bunyan 18:27 13 Sep 2009

Thanks. It is annoying that there seems to be no Canon method for cleaning this up.

jack 20:10 13 Sep 2009

click here
Go to the forums section and type in the make model number and of course the problem

Some makes for example Epson have a counter reset function. As the warning comes up when a certain number of pages have been printed.
This Function[in Epsons case] is carried out by holding down certain buttons whilst the machine is off then switching it on with those buttons still held[Switch on with your nose ;-}]
Canon may well have a similar arrangement.

Terry Brown 13:58 14 Sep 2009

Are you aware that every time you turm your printer off, on restart it runs through the 'test' mode which also 'cleans' the head wasting valuable ink.

If you are usuing it on a daily basis, you are better off leaving it in standby, even when the computer is turned off.
Terry

john bunyan 10:43 15 Sep 2009

Yes, I mostly leave it on. It ia very annoying that the waste ink pad is not designed to be easily changed by the end user. I suspect this is a deilberate piece of built in obsolescence. Having spoken to Canon I got a quote of well over £200 for an on site repair - so am thinking of a new Multi function Device. Unfortunately my wife uses it as a photocopier so it gets quite a lot of use due to that.JB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?