help buying a scanner

suburban train 17:19 13 Feb 2003

I need a scanner, all i will use it for is scanning documents using text bridge and scanning a few pics nothing fancy just been having a look at click here (DABS.COM)under quick links have a look this 22SRWS (type the code in the quick link) and tell me what you think
cheers

Diemmess 18:47 13 Feb 2003

Had difficulty following your link

My scanner is several years old now but following the reviews (and complaints) on this site, I see no reason why you should buy a "complete with bells and whistles" scanner but I would recommend a cheap one of the better known established brands. ........ Sooner or later the others tend to become difficult over driver updates and so on.

Lú-tzé 18:54 13 Feb 2003

Try any of the lower end Epson Perfection models - I have one and have used others and they are all excellent for the purpose you state. A good OCR program is as important as a good scanner.

recap 19:00 13 Feb 2003

A Lú-tzé says "A good OCR program is as important as a good scanner"

My scanner (at home) is around 4 years old but the software has been updated and works fine.

Stokey 19:52 13 Feb 2003

I really think that within a given price bracket most scanners perform pretty similarly.

shifty 19:56 13 Feb 2003

Recently purchased a canon scanner which came with all the necessary software including ominpage pro. Easy to set up and use giving quality scans on print and photo's. One bonus it didn't need a seperate power supply as it takes it supply from the usb connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists and their beautiful posters for WCRS' Pride in London campaign

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?