Help with buying a pre-built gaming pc

ConConn 06:10 19 May 2017

I'm looking into getting this pre-built pc but was just wondering if its a decent set up? I know that If I built my own I could get it cheaper or get a better system but I cant do that at the moment so was hoping to get a decent pre-built one to last me a few years. I'm terrible with the specs and everything else so hoping you could look these over and tell me if its a good build or not!

Price - £800 Case Built In - Titan Gaming Case

With Side Window and Blue LED Fans

Motherboard - Gigabyte H110M-DS2 Motherboard Expansion - 1x PCI Express x16, 2x PCI Express x1

CPU Type - Intel I5

7th Generation Kaby Lake CPU Model - Intel Core I5

7600 3.5ghz 6mb Cache 7th Gen Kaby Lake CPU Socket - Intel 1151 CPU Speed - 3.5 Ghz CPU Max Turbo Clock Speed - 4.1 Ghz CPU Cooler - Standard Intel Cooler

Memory - 8gb DDR4 2133mhz Performance Ram Hard Drive Size - 1tb Western Digital WD10EZEX 64mb Cache 7200rpm HDD Optical Drive -Samsung 24x Sata DVD Writer Graphics Card - Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gb VR Ready PSU Size - EVGA 600w Quiet 80 Plus Bronze Certified Semi Modular Power Supply

Operating System - Windows 10 Home 64bit Installed With License and Disc Monitor - Not Included Keyboard / Mouse - Not Included Wireless Network - Not Included

Front / Top Case Ports - 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 1x Headphone Jack, 1x Microphone Jack 1x Fan Controller Rear Panel Connections - 2x PS/2, 1x D-Sub, 2x USB 3.0/2.0, 4x USB 2.0/1.1, 1x RJ-45,3x audio jacks (Line In, Line Out, Mic In) Special Features - 3x 12cm Cooling Fans Included, Additional Case Cooling Optional, Fan Controller, Fully Upgradeable, Overclocking Potential, Side Window Panel, Water Cooling Support

Archonar 08:26 19 May 2017

That's a good pc for the price, though I would say be ready to upgrade to 16gb of RAM, it is becoming the standard for gaming pc's nowadays. Other than that looks good.

varonica Basu 11:26 19 May 2017

Great PC dude. GO for it .

ConConn 15:57 19 May 2017

Ah okay thank you guys! is it easy to upgrade the ram myself? I have no experience at all haha I was planning on adding a SSD to it when I get the money as well, would that help?

Archonar 17:14 19 May 2017

Yeah you just slot it in, shouldn't be difficult at all. An SSD is useful, but it is best used if your put your OS on it so you get the faster boot times, that means when you get it you may need to reinstall your operating system if you want to take advantage of the fast boot times.

wee eddie 17:29 19 May 2017

If it is being built especially for you, it usually works out cheaper to get them to build it as you wish.

Rather than changing things shortly after it's arrived

ConConn 17:48 19 May 2017

Ahh i see okay, ill look into that then, thank you!

It's not being built especially for me, it's fresh tech's pre built one.

wee eddie 18:12 19 May 2017

It's still worth asking. They are very likely to have the parts in stock, which they will have bought at wholesale prices

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:18 19 May 2017

Builders such as Chillblast give you a set price for a particular machine and allow you the option to add / remove/ change items.

In my last machine I asked for an upgrade of the cooler and PSU but removed the option of a wireless card.

Just ask what your builder allows.

MJS WARLORD 18:36 19 May 2017

Hi conconn , i would recommend you go on a few sites of people who custom build rigs , you can input your component list into the "build my pc" section and it will tell you of any overkill or mismatch at the end.

i will get into trouble if i tell you on here where i got mine from (advertising not allowed) , its a good company. all i can say here is type MY GAME BREAKER RIG into your browser and you will see the company name on the top post ..... its me...

archonar is right 16gb ram is a must and an ssd if you can afford one. if you get an ssd NEVER defrag it you can damage them they dont need it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?