help buy new pc

brad paisley 23:01 22 Oct 2007

got around £700 to £1000 to spend on gaming pc. had look round and not much if im honest. for play ing games like medival total war 2,medla of honour,call of duty etc.... any good websites or good pc you could recomend to me. thanks.

Acx 23:30 22 Oct 2007

Have a look here, lots of options

click here

Very good customer support/service.

Totally-braindead 23:34 22 Oct 2007

Or click here excellent customer service as well.

brad paisley 23:37 22 Oct 2007

thank you guys, both sites not seen yet and one computer has caught my eye on hthere. thanks for quick replys.

is a nVidia 8800GTS 320MB PCI-E Graphics good for latest games?

Acx 23:52 22 Oct 2007

Yes a good card

Probably better value for money than 8800GTS 640MB

High resolution games better with 8800GTX (but that's about £150 more).

Totally-braindead 23:53 22 Oct 2007

Yes its very good for the money, there are better cards of course but they are more expensive. For your budget I think this is probably the card to go for.

Wish I could afford one. It will play everything out there at the moment with full video settings at a good resolution.

For more reading about graphics cards click here please bear in mind this was written in July so its a bit out of date (things move fast) but it'll give you the idea without getting too OTT.
Well worth a read for anyone wanting to play games on a PC.

brad paisley 00:02 23 Oct 2007

thank you very much for the help guys. very kind of you both.

brad paisley 00:37 23 Oct 2007

can any of you guys tell me what you think of this pc. looks good to me, but i aint no expert.

click here

thanks

Acx 01:00 23 Oct 2007

Think this has been discussed before

click here

but it looks like they have upgraded the graphic card

brad paisley 01:09 23 Oct 2007

so it seems a good pc, but only complaint was the graphics card, but that has now been updated. so seems ok to me, or am i missing somethink?

Acx 01:39 23 Oct 2007

I agree it looks very good,

It says on the site
"This machine was rated as 'excellent, innovative and cheap' by PC Advisor", I must admit I have never heard of the company.

But if you have read the article and it got a good review in the mag you should be OK
do you have a link to it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?