Help backing up emails and Outlook 2003 settings

ShorN 14:06 01 Jan 2006

Hi all,

I am about to do a compleet reformat on my PC, its just got to cluttered and slow and hasnt had a good spring clean in ages.

Before I do so I want to back up my email from Outlook 2003 and my settings/accounts if thats possible.

Ive had a google for it but from reading im not too sure thta once I reformat and reinstall outlook that I will be able to recover the emails.

If anyone can help or offer advice it woudl be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

PaulB2005 14:12 01 Jan 2006

Outlook files are stored in c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\Microsoft\outlook

Account settings just make a note from the Tools Menu, Accounts section.

Address book is stored in c:\documents and settings\<username>\local settings\application data\address book\<username>.wab

rawprawn 14:15 01 Jan 2006

click here You can save the backup to a cd or flash drive then restore it after you have reinstalled Outlook

kro 14:17 01 Jan 2006

Easiesy way is to imstall MS's Outlook backup add-in. Once installed "File, Backup, Options" - save to a location of your choice - then the reverse to obce your gping again. click here
Your contacts are included.

AndySD 14:21 01 Jan 2006

Files and Setings Transfer Wizard click here using just the sections I wanted will save the settings.

ShorN 14:33 01 Jan 2006

thanks for the help, that should do it!

And thanks for files and settings wizard tip! that might prove useful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?