Help with AOL Broadband

BranVan39 20:05 19 Sep 2004

I have this problem...

I stupidly have AOL 9 broadband...

I have 2 computers networked together and I want to share the internet connection - I try to bridge the connections but I can't find the internet one - it appears as though AOL hide their connection.

Interestingly... if you sing on to AOL and quickly change to the networks screen - you can see one appear then disappear... when you try to change the properties, they change back the next time you sign in.

I phoned AOL and all they say is I have to buy one of their routers - but I already have a router - why not use this? Because I then can't get MSN messenger (and besides - it appears to be broken now anyway!)

I begrudge paying for another router when all I want to do is share a connection.

Other than simply changing my subscriber does anyone know of a way of getting round this?

Please help me!!!

Graham ® 20:17 19 Sep 2004

Sorry, but you may have alienated AOL users, who are the very people who could help.

BranVan39 20:19 19 Sep 2004

No offense meant - just been trying to do this for about 2 weeks and now HIGHLY annoyed!

Noleg24 08:54 20 Sep 2004

if you want to change ISP try these click here I use them and since you have a router you should have no problems networking the 2 PCs and sharing the connection as I have done this before and it works fine.

PUNKA 12:53 20 Sep 2004

Put in ICS and go from there.HTH.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?