Help! Animated gif doesn't work.

tnelis 10:37 22 Feb 2010

Help please ....I've just sold an animated gif to someone, trouble is it doesn't work in their Outlook....(not Outlook Express)
Do you know why?

Example here...
click here

Thanks,

MAJ 10:45 22 Feb 2010

Get them to drag the animated gif to a browser window, they should then see it animated, or get them to send it to themselves in an email, when they open the email, it should animate.

Graphicool1 11:56 22 Feb 2010

Are you aware that you are infringing copyright laws. By using genuine company logo's to advertise your business? If you haven't got permission from the said companies - my guess is you haven't - you could find yourself getting sued! May I suggest you make up some mock ones ASAP! ¦¬]

tnelis 12:08 22 Feb 2010

Ok, point taken. I've removed the relevant logos off my page...now do you mind actually helping with my Outlook question please?

MAJ 12:24 22 Feb 2010

"now do you mind actually helping with my Outlook question please?"

I believe I tried to, tnelis.

Woolwell 12:43 22 Feb 2010

Outlook 2007 (and perhaps earlier versions too) does not display animated gifs in the body of an e-mail only the first frame appears. To view this you have to view the e-mail message in your Web browser:
Open the message.
On the Message tab, in the Actions group, click Other Actions.
Click View in Browser.

Taken direct from Outlook help.

tnelis 12:51 22 Feb 2010

Thanks Maj and Woolwell.

ok I understand what you say...extra question...Can someone with Outlook 2007 see a moving gif if they receive one....on the email page?
Thanks

Woolwell 12:58 22 Feb 2010

Short answer is no - see click here

tnelis 13:49 22 Feb 2010

That puts the kybosh on my service of providing animated gifs for emails....unless, is there another file that would work in Outlook?

Thanks.

Woolwell 13:52 22 Feb 2010

Outlook is more security minded than the other MS e-mail clients and doesn't like anything which might compromise it.

ubuntu1user1jb 18:04 22 Feb 2010

£80 each? are you serious?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?