Help again

maco2078 09:39 03 Apr 2009

I have installed Antirvir which is very good and has been picking up a lot of nasties, one seems to be MyWebsearh which I have been quarantining, however I deleted a couple.

Anyway, when restarting the follwoing message has appeared:

Error code Loading C/Programmes 1/MyWebsearch-1-bar/1.bi/mp3 plugin in could not be found.

Can I get this back from somewhere or do a system restore?

Thanks

Graham. 09:48 03 Apr 2009
  maco2078 13:02 03 Apr 2009

I do have Smiley Central in my add/remove but as I just went to install it the error code message came up again .

Graham. 22:43 03 Apr 2009

You are making it difficult to understand what the problem is.

Maybe you should uninstall Antivir, MyWebsearch and Smiley Central.

Then download, update and install AVG Free click here

Then run AVG.

maco2078 07:27 04 Apr 2009

Maybe you should uninstall Antivir, MyWebsearch and Smiley Central.

Antivir has picked up Trojans worms and conflicker so I reckon it is excellent for a Home edition and if anything goes it will be Avast who has let that all go undetetced.

I used to have AVG which is good but conflicted with something (Avast I think) which used to be better.

A friend had nothing but problems when she d/loaded AVG so that put me off. I know AVG can cause havoc and not work with certain programmmes.

There is/was something on here because everytime Antivir got to as many as 22 infections it would get bummped off whilst doing a "hidden" search and I think it may well be AOL spying?

I quarantined all MyWebSearch progs or disabled them over in IE and touch wood so far my comp appears to be running OK>

tullie 08:29 04 Apr 2009

No wonder you had problems running two antivirus programe together.

maco2078 14:16 04 Apr 2009

I did not run two together when started having problems which was a bad cluster which Windows replaced.

I have had no problems at all since installing Antivir but Avast now seems useless. (In comparison).

kidsis 14:37 04 Apr 2009

maco, just to be sure MyWebSearch has not left any nasties behind you could download MalwareBytes and run a scan with that.

tullie 15:42 04 Apr 2009

Must say i have no probs with Avast

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?