Help - Address Book - Deleted -Virus?

Angry Kid 21:48 03 Jul 2008

Good evening,

I have just been speaking with a work colleague and she has been made aware that her email address has sent out emails to everyone within her address book and then deleted the enire contents.

This email was not sent by her. the content of the email was recommending people to click two links for discounts etc. These links and the style of writing suggest that the origin may be chinese.

She has scanned with Spybot and is in the process of running A2. Her Anti Virus (AVG 8.0) is up to date and is also scanning.

The firewall is Zone Alarm (7.0.408.000) and requires updating to the latest version. I have also suggested that she runs Superantispyware.

To add to her woes, she has recently suffered debit card fraud for purchases over the internet. However, she has been reimbursed through insurance.

As you can imagine this has left her and her family quite twitchy over the security of her pc.

Is anyone able to shed any light on this from a similar experience or is aware of a specific program to ensure her pc is cleaned?

birdface 22:22 03 Jul 2008

Probably best posting on here.click here You can also download HJT from there and post it on that Forum.They will help clean her computer for her.

Angry Kid 22:50 03 Jul 2008

Thanks for your post.

I had forgotten about this site.

I have attached the link in case anyone wishes to follow my progress.

click here

I will now mark this resolved.

Angry ;-)

Angry Kid 23:01 03 Jul 2008

Revised link

click here

Angry ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?