help add and remove progs not working

patso 20:32 01 Jun 2005

help me please an app called quick time has lodged itsself on my task bar and when i try to load add and remove progs from control panel its not starting for me.when i click the icon nothing happens.how do i get this back im in a panic.im using xp home with sp2

stalion 20:36 01 Jun 2005

if this has just started to happen try system restore to a date prior to the problem

VoG II 20:39 01 Jun 2005

Right click the QuickTime Icon in the notification Area, select Exit.

Find the QuickTime folder on the Start Menu - click on Uninstall.

patso 20:50 01 Jun 2005

done what was suggested with quick time still not working might have to restore help

VoG II 20:53 01 Jun 2005

Start, Run, type or paste in

C:\windows\syatem32\restore\rstrui.exe

and click OK. Follow the prompts.

VoG II 20:53 01 Jun 2005

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

iambeavis 20:54 01 Jun 2005

Try "My Uninstaller" from here - click here

patso 21:14 01 Jun 2005

thanks again.dont know how this happened but tried a restore back to system check on 30th may but wouldnt let me.found the quick time uninstaller on start menu and did what you said.it threw up a warning that other progs migh not work if i fully un installed so i didnt do a full one.add remove seems to be working fine now but still shows i have quick time.is it safe to fully uninstall it.i will print all the advice and keep for future reference .thanks again for the prompt replies.ps what is quick time and any idea how it lodged on my task bar?

iambeavis 21:19 01 Jun 2005
  VoG II 21:20 01 Jun 2005

It is safe to uninstall QuickTime. It is a media player that you need if you want to watch videos on the BBC website, for example. If you launch Quicktime, Edit/Preferences/Quicktime preferences, untick Quicktime system tray icon.

stalion 21:22 01 Jun 2005

quicktime has it's own uninstaller have a look in start,programs you should be able to find it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?