Help with Acronis True Image

Baz48 20:35 02 Oct 2009

Using Acronis True Image I made a disk image backup of a small partition containing a clean install of XP plus essential drivers etc. I now want to make another image six months later but would like to keep it seperate, so that I have two archives to choose from.

In the program the backup options are, Full, which overwrights the existing archive or Incremental, which only backs up the changes. My question is, are the incremental changes added to the origional archive and if they are then how can I get a completely seperate backup of the partition as it is now, leaving the original untouched?

beeuuem 21:03 02 Oct 2009

If you are using Secure Zone the new full backup will be separate from the old one.
If you are saving to any other media e.g. an external hard drive, give the new full backup a different name.

If the original image was called 'C drive' call the new one 'C Drivea' or put the date in the name and it will be saved as a new image..

Baz48 22:32 02 Oct 2009

Thank you this has worked OK. My backup is actually kept on a seperate internal hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017