Help !! 45gb missing from a 80gb hard drive

nurn 19:44 09 Apr 2003

I have xp pro 30gb master hard drive 80 gb slave my motherboard is a jetway v333u which supports ultra ata 133 when I came to install a slave hard drive I set the jumpers and pluged the cables in turn it on it was detected in post and by windows as being as above (30gb master-80gb slave) but had no letter asigned to it and also needed formating which then i didn't know how to do so i remembered that windows formats on a new o/s which it did then i put 2 partions in and formated them but turned it off before the o/s when in, when i turn it back on i now have a 35gb hard drive as a slave and still a 30 as master can anyone help I thnk I need a dos formating tool to wipe all the info out (xp,partition magic,my pc info don't show a 80gb hd only on norton disk doctor checking free space and say it cann't fix

flecc 20:35 09 Apr 2003

You're probably using the FAT32 file system, and XP has a 32 gb limit on it's format tool with that. If so, you either need to run Fdisk using a Windows 98 startup floppy or use Partition Magic or similar. You can download the files for a 98 floppy from here:-

click here

nurn 22:27 09 Apr 2003

ive formated with ntfs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?