Help with 3com wireless router and AOL broadband

2drewej 22:11 12 Dec 2006

hi , i just bought a 3com office connect wireless router. i am currently on aol broadband and use a modem to connect.

i have managed to set up the router correctly, and can access the ip address in my browser to get to the settings page.

i have entered the settings as directed by aol, and then tried to connect using 'tcp/ip??'.

but this does not work.

do you think it could be somthing to do with the "port number" of the network card as there are ports 1-12 that can be selected. does anyone know how you can find out what port number is the correct one?

are there any other reasons that are preventing this from working?
thanks

Strawballs 22:20 12 Dec 2006

If it is AOL through a phone line (ADSL) is the router a modem/router that replaces your modem?

2drewej 22:40 12 Dec 2006

yes it is aol broadband through a phone line (it was connected to a bt voyager modem , that i have now removed to try and get this working).

i also noticed that the SYNC light on the wireless router does not stop flashing , and apparently it is supposed to say a constant light.

2drewej 13:42 13 Dec 2006

??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?