Help

thetic 14:25 23 May 2008

I have a desktop in my daughters room that she uses.I use my laptop downstairs i turned on her desktop today and cant connet to the web. So i tried my laptop and thats fine.I get a message that i ned to contact service provider is that virgin they mean?(still a bit pc illirete)At a pound a minute i just cant afford to pay that. Thoughts please.

thetic 14:35 23 May 2008

meant to add it says a configurtion error on this computer is preventing this connection.

beeuuem 14:45 23 May 2008

Have you tried rebooting? If not, perhaps a system restore to a recent time when it was working.

Diemmess 14:46 23 May 2008

To me it means that the configuration (set up) on the PC is corrupt.

The arrangement of router and laptop is still valid, which means both bits of equipment as functioning properly.

Please confirm the wired or wireless state of both computers.
i.e. do both work connected only by wireless or is one "hard wired" to the router?

Before you try resetting the PC, please do a thorough check on your daughter's PC for malware.

Knowing how youngsters crash about downoading everything in sight and using Messenger Plus, it could be the reason for all this!

woodchip 15:27 23 May 2008

try turning the router modem of for a bit then back on then retry it

thetic 15:57 23 May 2008

Beeuum i tried that but there is only one day on it. So i cant go anywere if you no what i mean? Diemmess i set it up trough the desktop does that mean they both wired? messanger is about the main thing yeah.why can i use the laptop(as i am now)but not the desktop? Checked the lans settings but there is no home page if you no what i mean? i cant access the net either to do a malawre check. Also i dont no how to resettet the pc either well i dont think so. I dont want to put it in a shop and get ripped off when its just a silly thing. We have all got to learn somewere. im sure you guys will sort me out :~)

thetic 16:38 23 May 2008

I get a message now saying 'the application has failed to start because the custsat dll was not found' now thats just mumble jumble to me :~) HELP. :~)

Ditch999 16:43 23 May 2008

As woodchip said, try switching the router off for a while then back on.

woodchip 16:47 23 May 2008

On that Computer, you could also try running System Restore to when it worked

mrwoowoo 16:51 23 May 2008

custsat.dll is a module associated with the Windows Operating System.
Could also be a worm.
When you say your laptop is fine,do you mean you can connect to the net with it?
If so,download these,put on a memory stick or cd/dvd and install on daughters laptop. Then do a scan with both as they are free.
click here

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:56 23 May 2008

Do you have a cable from the router to the desktop?
Ensure is is plugged into both the router and desktop correctly.

Start - Settings - Control Panel - system - hardware tab - device manager - network adaptors do any network adaptors show a yellow or red mark against them?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?