Cav1 15:52 10 May 2007

Can anyone tell me how to transfer a photograph onto a birthday cake I know that Asda do it but would like to know how they do it, and have a go myself,I have HP PSC,

  Totally-braindead 16:13 10 May 2007

The only way I know of to transfer an image is to tranfer it onto special paper such as this click here for going onto glass or this click here for sticking on things. You do get waterslide transfers but I don't know who does them but its probably not edible so isn't really suitable and I'm fairly sure the ink from your printer is toxic.
You don't want to make a cake that will make they sick do you?
Someone might well know how they do it, its obviously a special type of paper they use but I'm fairly sure it must be a special printer, as I said I'm fairly sure normal printer ink is toxic, could be wrong but I think it is.
How about making a puzzle or a mousepad instead click here no chance of poisoning someone that way.

Incidently could you please next time you post choose a better title than Help! Something like how do you print on a cake would have been better than Help!

Good luck hope someone gives you the info you want.

  wee eddie 16:13 10 May 2007

Then a transfer kit,that's it really.

I don't think that I'd risk eating regular HP inks without some kind of safety advice.

  Totally-braindead 16:17 10 May 2007

Did a quick google search and found this click here you do need edible inks as I thought.

  Cav1 00:35 11 May 2007

Thanks for all the information. I thought that I would need edible inks,I did one on ordinary paper but had to remove it to cut the cake but it looked good. its good to know that you can get the special paper, and inks thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires