Help!!

james1986 23:11 27 Jan 2007

Ok a couple of things...

I have recently purchased a PACKARD BELL MV46-008 Laptop.

I have a few issues with it.

One - It supposedly has an inbuilt LAN card to access wireless internet - It says this card is switched on when i go through the control panel etc - However I cannot pick up a signal from my router?? I dont know why not.

Two - The laptop makes a very high pitched and loud screech if I close the lid before it has fully shut down - Why is this??

Three - I am having problems playing games on it - It doesnt seem to support any 3d games - Why would this be??

Any help would be much appreciated.

SANTOS7 23:19 27 Jan 2007

Four - Take it back, if it is that new it will still be under a warranty aggreement, whatever help we give and it does not solve the problem it may invalidate what aggreement you have..

Totally-braindead 00:21 28 Jan 2007

Two things. You have 2 threads on the same subject which is not very helpful as someone may post on one and waste his/her time as you've already been given the same advice on the other thread. Its better to stick to one. If you don't get any replies after a couple of hours just type in anyone help or bump or even just a symbol such as < to move you back up the to nearer the top.
Secondly the next time you post try to choose a better title than help. Something like laptop problems would be fine. As I'm sure you can imagine if everyone just typed help it would be very confusing.
The advice given on the other thread is correct. Laptops are not really all that good for games. You may find it can play older games ok.
The second point about the noise could well be something to do with the cooling fans being blocked when you close the case, it might not be any sort of fault.
I can't help with the wireless problem. I too suggest you check with whoever you got it from. It might be faulty but I myself don't know how you would test it.

p;3 00:26 28 Jan 2007

duplicate thread

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?