HELP!

Kellstart 10:56 06 Jul 2006

Hello,

I really hope someone out there can help me before I lose the plot!!

Yesterday I started receiving popups at the bottom right of my screen saying various different messages such as I am receiving spam, or my pc was under threat, or my PC is running slowly because of malicious spyware etc etc and that I needed to download some spyware software.

Obviously I had no intention of doing so, so I ignored them. Then after about ten minutes I received a message saying my computer was going to be shutdown and to save all my work. Again I ignored it and then another message comes up saying to click for spyware software free download to repair my machine. I ignored this aswell and clicked cancel and up popped click here asking me to download their software.

I also get another message popping up saying it is from the Windows Security Centre and trying to look authentic so that I download the software.

Now, everytime I launch explorer their website pops up and if I try and change the homepage in internet options it won't let me, in fact I'm unable to use any of the controls within internet options.

Obviously at the website there is no contact information but I did find a website of the manufacturer of this software and I emailed them, twice, but haven't heard back.

I tried to do a system restore going back a few days but this didn't work either.

I'm not very technical and so I am now at a loss as to how I stop these infuriating messages! They popup every minute or so and it stops me working and to be honest is driving me so mad that I can hardly sit in front of my computer another day!

Please please please can anyone tell me how I stop this from happening?

Thanks you for reading this

Shortstop 11:12 06 Jul 2006

Download, update & run:
Spybot click here

adaware click here

Asquared click here

All free.

HTH

Paul

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:14 06 Jul 2006

click here downoad and run Ewido. Delete all it finds. If this does not clear all the programmes that ae causing you trouble you will need to run SmitRem .click here in safe mode. The previous link gives easy instructions.

Post back for further help. If it does work you will need to erase all your system restore points and create a new one.

G

Kellstart 11:54 06 Jul 2006

Thank you both so much for your help. I used the sypbot and it's got rid of it! I've also created a new system restore point.

Can't begin to tell you how pleased I am that I no longer have to deal with those messages.

Great website!

Kellstart

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?