jakclouseau 18:28 28 Mar 2006

Can any one help me im trying to set my pc up using a BT VOYAGER 2091 ROUTER on a PRESARIO DESKTOP im new to all this so please be patient,do i need a network adaptor for my pc and where can i get one from????

  Graham ® 19:33 28 Mar 2006

Please ensure that your thread title accurately describes your subject.

  octal 19:56 28 Mar 2006

Good evening and welcome to the forum. I hope we can help you.

You should try and name the title some about what the problem is because it not only helps people look through the threads, but also in future searches, that's the advert over, now to your problem.

You may already have a network adaptor installed as an integral part of the motherboard, have a look at the back and see if there is a socket which looks like a telephone socket but bigger. If you can't see it it might not be installed, in which case you need to buy one, they cost anywhere between £5 and £15 you can get one from you local PC World, they maybe called a Network Interface Controller or NIC card and this fits into one of the spare PCI slots inside the computer.

Then all you need is the network cable to connect the computer to the NIC card, again buy from PC world, not the cheapest place for these items, but convenient.

Hope this helps?

  ade.h 21:16 28 Mar 2006

Just to let you know...

Please avoid posting duplicate threads about the same subject; you have two threads in networking about this subject.

Addendum to octal's advice; make sure that it you purchase an Ethernet adapter, not a wireless adapter, otherwise you will have no means to access the router's interface and configure it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?